Superbod Kai's Spicy Mexican Century Tuna Bowl Meal Kit
Superbod Kai's Spicy Mexican Bowl
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cans of 184g Century Tuna Chunks in Vegetable Oil, drained
- 3 tbsp chili con carne seasoning mix
- 1 can of 400g canned baked pinto beans
- 1 can of 400g canned chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno
- 3pc eggs
- 1/2 cup grated quickmelt cheese
- 3pc large tortillas, plus extra on the side
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 250F
- Heat oil on a skillet over medium low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until soft and aromatic. Stire in the tomatoes and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and the beans. Heat for 3 minutes. Add chili con carne seasoning and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with the tortillas, overlapping them and raising them slightly above the edge of the dish. Pour in the tuna mixture. Sprinkle jalapeno on top.
- Make little wells on the tuna mixture and break an egg into a cup, then pour it into a well so that the yolk sits neatly in the middle. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Place the dish on a shelf two-thirds of the way up the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the egg whites are cook through, the yolks runny and the cheese melted and golden.
- Garnish with the cilantro before serving. Serve with extra tortilla on the side.
Makes 3-4 servings.
How does the meal kit work?
When you order a meal kit, you'll be given a meal kit with the various ingredients needed to complete the recipes provided by Superbods Finalists. Ingredients must be used right away or chilled for storage up to 24 hours for optimal freshness.
For any questions please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.